My Favorite Maine State Parks

Maine is home to a lot of great state parks and private reserves, from the famed Acadia National Park, to the exceptional Camden Hills State Park, to the many lake, river and oceanfront parks and preserves. There are 436,064 acres of state and national park lands, including Acadia National Park and the 90-mile Allagash Wilderness Waterway.

In terms of actual numbers, the State of Maine has 32 state parks and one National Park (Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor). All of the state parks in Maine are managed and maintained by the Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands to blend in with their local natural habitat whether that be the seashore, mountains or lakes.

One thing I have found is that not everyone knows about our state parks so I have put together a short list of my favorite state parks to help visitors find the more accessible parks when visiting Maine on vacation.

Explore as many Maine State Parks as you can. You will find each state park unique, and they all offer affordable family fun for everyone.

Here is my personal list of my favorite Maine State Parks:

0 comments: